Night Eye is a browser extension that allows users to enable a dark mode on websites that do not have one built-in. This can be helpful for reducing strain on the eyes when reading at night or in low light conditions, as well as for conserving battery life on devices with OLED displays. In this article, we will cover how to install and use the Night Eye extension, as well as some of its key features.
Unlike other extensions, Night Eye enables dark mode using its proprietary algorithm instead of inverting the colors.
Beyond just enabling dark mode, Night Eye also gives you tons of options to control the default dark theme on sites that have it.
For example, you can control the built-in dark themes of YouTube, Reddit, Twitch, 9gag, DuckDuckGo and many others.
For all other websites that don’t have a built-in dark mode, Night Eye will convert the colors for a smooth and consistent dark theme.
Why use Night Eye
Night Eye enables dark mode on nearly all websites and gives you the ability to control the built-in dark themes on those that have it.
Trusted by more than 300 000 users across all major browser, Night Eye is the right choice for your eyes. Smart conversion, no ads, no data mining, helpful support!
The update of the extensions regularly on a monthly basis for the past 3 years and plan to do that for a very long time ahead.
If the website has built-in dark theme, you can control it directly from Night Eye and if it doesn’t (like Gmail, Google Docs, Office Online, Github and millions others).
Night Eye will convert the colors to provide you with smooth and consistent dark mode.
To install the Night Eye extension, follow these steps:
- Go to the Night Eye website (https://www.getnighteye.com/) and click on the “Get Night Eye” button.
- This will take you to the extension’s page on the Chrome Web Store (or the Microsoft Edge Add-ons store if you are using that browser). Click on the “Add to Chrome” (or “Get” if using Microsoft Edge) button to begin the installation process.
- Once the extension has been installed, you will see a Night Eye icon appear in your browser’s extension bar (usually located next to the address bar).
How to use the Night Eye extension
To use the Night Eye extension, simply click on the icon and select the “Turn on Night Eye” option. This will enable dark mode on the current website you are visiting. If the website does not support dark mode, Night Eye will automatically apply a dark theme to the page.
Night Eye Key Feature
- The ability to customize the intensity of the dark theme, allowing users to find the perfect balance between readability and reduced strain on the eyes.
- The ability to schedule automatic activation and deactivation of the extension based on your local time or sunset/sunrise times in your location.
- Support for multiple languages, including English, French, German, Spanish, Russian, and more.
- Integration with popular reading apps like Pocket and Instapaper, allowing users to easily enable dark mode when using these apps.
Overall, the Night Eye extension is a useful tool for anyone looking to reduce eye strain and improve their reading experience at night or in low light conditions. Whether you are a student studying late into the night or just someone who enjoys reading in bed before going to sleep, Night Eye can help make the experience more comfortable and enjoyable
Night Eye Latest Version
The latest version available is Version4.8.7, that updated in December 16, 2022